Sunday, August 15, 2010

Updates on Belgian Tripel, Buckeye Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter and Maple Ale

Yesterday I bottled the Belgian Tripel.  It's a slightly fruity ale with subtle banana notes, and I think it will be really good with an orange slice.  It'll be ready to try in 2-3 weeks, plus it is 8.5% ABV so I have high hopes for this brew.

I also took a hydrometer reading on the Buckeye Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter, It needs to be bottled this Friday to be ready for the first OSU game.  It's coming along quite nicely.  It probably won't have a high alcohol volume, however I tasted the sample and it was delicious.  Very prominent chocolate and Peanut butter notes.  I am really looking forward to this brew.

The Maple Ale was transfered to the secondary.  The gravity is down to where it was when I bottled the previous maple batch and had a much more prominent maple flavor compared to the last batch.  I think I may need to use less hops in the recipe however, it seemed a little too bitter.  Not much though, I'll have to see how it turns out in the bottle.

More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Can you put the Buckeye Chocolate PB over ice cream and make it a float?

    ReplyDelete