Monday, August 9, 2010

Making Absinthe Update 2

Tonight I removed the wormwood, and added the other ingredients. The recipe is in my last update.
I mixed all the ingredients together in a bowl and then put them in a grain bag.

The smell of the ingredients was kind of a combination of gum and black liquorish. 
I removed the wormwood.  The liquor is now a very dark green.   The liquor smelled like a combination of fire and death. :)

At the advice of /r/Homebrewing since I am making two bottles, I am going to try one as an infusion and the other bottle I am going to try to distill with a cheap DIY stovetop still.





I put it back in the closet in my brewery on the top shelf.  It's hard to see, but it's in there.

This coming Saturday the infusion absinthe will be ready and I plan on trying some. :)

Incidentally in this picture at the bottom you can see my plastic primary with the maple ale in it, and the glass carboy with belgian tripel in it.  Just to the right of the primary is my other glass carboy with my Buckeye Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter. :)  Also there are several bottles waiting to make it to the fridge.

More updates to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment