Sunday, August 15, 2010

Absinthe Update 3; The Infused Bottle is Ready

Friday marked the day that my infused bottle of absinthe is ready. I sanitized the everclear bottles and put the absinthe back in.

It's a very dark green. I started by putting 3 sugar cubes in a strainer, filled the glass I got with my kit from midwestsupplies.com with ice, poured one shot in the glass, then I slowly poured cold water over the sugar to dissolve it.

The smell of the liquor in the shot glass was like rubbing alcohol and liquorish. The smell in the glass was a very smooth and pleasant smell with a slight liquorish aroma.  The color was a very nice Green.  The taste?

Bile.


I added another 6 sugar cubes, and the taste was much better (relatively). It is drinkable. The interesting thing is there is no alcohol burn.

So, how did I feel after drinking it? Now to be fair i don't drink liquor. I'm an exclusive beer drinker. I stopped drinking liquor around 5 years ago. With that being said, I have drank the glass and I wouldn't say I was drunk, but I certainly wouldn't drive.  My body feels drunk but my head feels clearer than normal at this point.

 No hallucinations. lol... Well, at least according to dragon huddled in the corner I was not hallucinating cause that's all he kept saying...

1 comment:

  1. He would say a little more if you gave him a glass too!

    ReplyDelete